This post hasn't been updated for 2 years
An age-old battle between native and cross-platform apps is still on. Though the cross-platform app development technology has an upper hand from the perspectives of cost and development duration, native apps are still a choice of many enterprises for offering a pleasant, native experience.
Let’s dig deep in the cross-platform app development, which has several powerful weapons in its arsenal. One of them is React Native, which is designed and nurtured by a software giant Facebook.
Isn’t it interesting to compare both React Native and Native mobile app development because they exert a major impact on the app development process? But, before that let’s go through the basic information about both native and React Native app development:
What is Native Mobile App Development? As the name suggests, a native mobile app provides native look and feel of a particular OS. These apps are written in the particular programming language for a specific platform. For example, an iOS app is written in either Swift or Objective-C (The official programming languages for iOS apps). Similarly, an Android app is written in either Kotlin or Java.
Native Development- Pros and Cons Entrepreneurs tend to jump on the mobile app bandwagon to leverage the benefits of mobility for their business. They choose native apps for the following reasons. Here we give separate pros and cons for iOS and Android platforms.
IOS App Development
- Every year, Apple comes up with a newer iOS version. You can readily integrate technological advancements in the enterprise iOS app to stay relevant
- You can get a futuristic application with awesome performance and elegant user interface compatible with all iOS devices
- You can get an app compatible with iOS SDK and other stringent standards, it makes your app more robust
- Your app can be listed in the App Store without much hurdles, which can give your customers more confidence
- Your app can utilize a plethora of free components to have a premium functionality
Android App Development
- All native API-related features can be readily integrated
- Your app can utilize all the features of Android devices
- You can get an app that can work on the basic Android phone as well
- It is easy to modify your app in the future with Android technology
- A big Android developer community support is always available
- Your app can be readily listed on Google Play that enhances trust for your business
Now, let’s go through the cons for both these operating systems.
IOS App Development
- Cost is high due to advanced technology and longer development duration
- Your app needs a regular maintenance and update because of the advent of changes
- Cost is high because of extensive testing on every popular device
- Development time is higher because of the longer testing procedure
- OEMs interfere with the code due to the nature of Android that may change the outcome
React Native Development- Pros and Cons
Once there was a notion that it is impossible to make an app for different platforms using a single framework. Ionic, React Native, and other frameworks have shattered this belief and bring the concept of developing a cross-platform app in thriving mobile app development domain.Read more
All Rights Reserved