As the fear for Coronavirus has spread out across the world and still continues to — there’s one way to limit the spread of the virus; — Remote Diagnosis
The spread of ConV-19 infection rises, the concerns about the disease spreading among the people who have traveled from the infected region to a new region have been a threat.
As the spread of various viruses across the continent increases, care providers are in the rush of delivering emergency treatment to most of the patients, diagnosing and treating patients remotely can help ease the burden of urgent-patient care situations.
So here’s the Good News for Limiting the Spread of Viruses While there’s no cure for the current coronavirus, we do have the technology on our side to keep the spreading of viruses person-to-person and country-to-country.
Virtual Diagnosis of Viruses Through Telehealth Apps
Telehealth apps have been the first line of defense that helps physicians to connect with patients during emergencies. With the telehealth application embedded with communication channels, patients can easily and comfortably receive treatment and evaluation for the disease.
Telehealth Interference With Multiple Communication Channels Offers More Than Just an App
In any disease outbreak, just like the current coronavirus outbreak, the telehealth platform integrated with video consultation enables patients to gain access to medical professionals.
- The live interactive video solution quickly connects physicians and patients without having to undergo in-person contact with the medical professional to get access to medical treatments.
- The platform increases patient communication and educates non-victims on how they can protect themselves from getting infected with the virus through a virtual consultation.
- With the help of video conferencing in telehealth applications, physicians and doctors can make awareness programs to all camps, RedCross and other agencies to educate a bulk of patients and humans to deal with diseases and diagnoses.
TELEMEDICINE PLAYING FRONT LINE ROLE IN COVID-19 OUTBREAK
According to a study conducted, it’s found that 60% of the large-scale healthcare providers are in the action of using the telehealth solution to transmit infection-related tips through live video calls across the globe.
It’s reported that 35% of improvement is seen using telehealth solution embedded with communication mediums experience better patient outcomes compared to in-person treatments.
85% of telehealth solutions that aren’t upgraded to live video calls, conference and real-time communication mediums are now partnering with enterprise healthcare chat solutions like MirrorFly to integrate video, voice and text chat into their platform to empower remote patient monitoring.
Some Communication Mediums That Modern Telehealth Virtual Consultation Offers:
- One-to-one text chat
- Secure Video interaction b/w doctors and patients
- Virtual Meeting Room with Conferencing
- File Sharing (X-rays, Precuational data, etc)
- Patient Profile (Overall Treatment History)
- Overall Patient Administration Operations
- Real-time Notification
- Calls from App to Carrier networks
Apart from the benefits that telemedicine offers to prevent the spread of CoronaVirus, how you can defend and prevent it?
Tips from CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, U.S Gov.) To Prevent from CoronaVirus (COVID-19)
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the bathroom, before and after eating, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Wear a face mask when you are sick, or when you are taking care of others who are sick
A Future With Real-time Communication To Prevent the Spread of Virus Outbreaks
As we discussed in the above context, remote patient treatment and care has the greater potentiality to empower treatment for such virus cases. A modern telehealth platform with all the virtual consultations, real-time chat rooms, and secure HIPAA Compliant features increases the interaction b/w doctor and patients, better use of medical professional resources, reduces control costs and improve better patient outcome.
Orginaly shared at Medium